Welcome back to campus, Hornets! This website will serve as the hub for updates on campus operations, student/employee resources, important dates, and procedures. Please check this site regularly for the most up-to-date information. Important information about coming to campus can be found below.
We will continue to update our online and on-campus support information as well.
We are committed to delivering a great SUNY Broome experience in a safe and flexible environment. The college continues to closely monitor COVID-19 conditions, and we’re gathering input from the CDC and other official sources daily. If you have questions specific to the College’s COVID-19 procedures, please email EOC@sunybroome.edu.
All employees, students, and visitors on campus must:
- Wear a face mask at all times (this includes while in classrooms, bathrooms, elevators, hallways, etc)
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times
- Follow campus signage directives
Students and Employees
All students and employees must complete a COVID-19 self-screening through the CampusClear app each day before coming to campus. For more information on the app, please see CampusClear Screening Instructions.
Competitive Health Science Programs: Students and employees in Competitive Health Science Programs will be receiving additional guidance and instructions for screening.
All visitors will need to be screened when arriving on campus. Visitors should enter campus via North College Dr. and park in Visitor parking. Screening can be completed in the Darwin R. Wales Center Lobby (please follow signage). Please have your I.D. ready. A wristband color-coded for that day will be given to visitors that pass the screening.
Procedures and guidance
- Entryways and exits – all buildings will have designated entrances and exits in order to minimize traffic density. All entryways and exits are signed accordingly. In the event of an emergency, all exits can be used.
- Occupancy – most lounges and seating for social interaction will be closed off. Elevators and restrooms will be limited as to how many people can enter at one time.
- Hallway traffic – hallways will have directional arrows to limit the amount of close contact. Please take note of the arrows and the flow of traffic.
- Social distancing – a distance of at least 6ft should be maintained between people at all times. While in buildings and classrooms, face coverings will be required. Classrooms have been organized to limit density and to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Stay in contact
This is the College’s official form of communication with students. Be sure you regularly check your SUNY Broome-issued Gmail account for critical updates, announcements, and academic communications.
Accessing your student email
This is being updated regularly to provide the campus with the most up-to-date information and guidance.
Signs will posted around campus to help direct traffic, provide guidance on social distancing/hygiene recommendations, and communicate important messages. Please be sure to follow all sign directives.