SUNY Broome will immediately limit all campus events to 50 people.
Details regarding upcoming college sponsored events:
- All spring athletic competition has been cancelled (per NJCAA).
- Open House is preparing plans to convert to a virtual event. Once details are set, we will let the campus know.
- The CEC Grand Opening Celebration is being postponed.
- In some very specific cases, certain events are being considered for online or virtual models. More details to come.
- Please note: this list does not include athletics, student activities, residence life events, or Continuing Education offerings. More information will follow on these items.
Details will be added to this page as they become available.
Commencement Ceremony 2020
After much discussion, the decision has been made that the 2020 Commencement Ceremony on July 25th will be a virtual format. With much uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of the SUNY Broome community is our top priority. Administration, faculty, and staff have worked closely with students to come to this decision.
The Graduation Committee has begun planning the virtual ceremony and details will be announced as they become available. Check your SUNY Broome email often for these announcements. Graduates will also be invited to participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony.
We thank everyone for their understanding and flexibility during this difficult time. The 2020 Commencement Ceremony will certainly be one that will not be forgotten. We can’t wait to celebrate the Class of 2020!
For up-to-date information regarding the 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremony, please visit the Graduation Website.
Canceled 2020 Events
- Volleyball Tournament for BECA (March 15)
- Hospitality Advisory Meeting at Culinary & Event Center (March 16)
- Learn to Become an Election Inspector (March 17)
- Film Series: Race: The Power of An Illusion, Part III (March 18)
- Mock Wedding (March 18)
- BOCES Culinary Student Tour at Culinary & Event Center (March 20)
- Ethics Conference (March 20)
- Southern Tier Scholastic Science Fair (March 21)
- Paint the Ice/Hockey for Hope (March 27 & 28)
- Mobile Food Pantry on Campus (March 30 & April 29)
- Honors Program Information Session (March 31)
- Roaring 20’s Talent Show (April 3)
- Destination Imagination (April 4)
- American Heart Association Heart Walk (April 5)
- Convocation Day (April 21)
- MLK Jr Career Fair (April 23)
- Alumni Mixer at CEC (April 24)
- Alumni Reunion (April 25)
- Earth Fest (April 26)
- Mock Disaster (May 1)
- SUNY Broome College Choir: Spring Masterworks (May 1)
- Awards & Retirement Reception (May 8)
- Foundation Scholarship Reception (May 12)
- Renewal Day (May 22)
- Frank G. Paul Medal of Excellence Reception (May 27)
Events Converting to Virtual Format
More details to follow.
- Open House, Spring 2020 (April 25)
- EatBing Press Conference at Culinary & Event Center (originally scheduled for March 19, new date TBA)
- Culinary and Event Center Grand Opening Celebration (originally scheduled for April 2, new date TBA)
- PTA Club Chipotle Fundraiser (originally scheduled for April 8, new date TBA)
- PTA 5K: Dashing for Down’s (originally scheduled for April 25, new date TBA)