Degree Works is a web-based tool that allows students and advisors to review and monitor student progress toward degree completion. Degree Works organizes academic coursework into blocks of requirements to easily identify which degree requirements are complete and which degree requirements are remaining. The degree audit features easy to read visual cues in a clean, concise layout. The State University of New York (SUNY) is requiring all SUNY schools to move to Degree Works to support their student mobility initiative and help ease transferring among SUNY schools. Degree works will be replacing our previous degree evaluation tool referred to as CAPP.
- What If – shows students how progress towards degree completion changes if they change majors
- Look Ahead – dynamically shows how degree progress is affected by future planned courses
- Registration Checklist – This view will show only the un-met requirements.
- Class History – Displays a term-by-term summary of all courses taken, with grades, credits, GPA etc.
- GPA Calculators – shows students how to determine what grades are needed to obtain desired GPA.
Other reasons student should view their Degree Works academic audit
- To be prepared for advising appointment.
- To verify after registering for courses that all courses are applying towards degree requirements.
- To see grades after the end of the semester.
- To verify transfer credits have been processed.
- To make sure new program audit appears after changing programs.
- To know when all degree requirements have been met so an Intent to Graduate Form can be submitted.
This help website will provide you with some general information about Degree Works; some short How to Instructions; and some answers to some Frequently Asked Questions. The Contact link will provide you with who to contact if you are having issues with your Degree Works Academic Audit.