SUNY Broome is pleased to announce a partnership with Examity®, a recognized leader in remote test proctoring. This relationship offers you a secure and convenient way to take your exams online. If your course uses Examity® for the proctoring of its online exams, your instructor will provide you with additional information in the Syllabus or Course Information area within Blackboard. In the meantime, here are few details to get you started:
Examity® System Requirements
Prior to registering for a course that will be using Examity, be sure you have access to the following technology:
- Desktop computer or laptop (tablets, smartphones, and Chromebooks are not supported for use with Examity®)
- Internet speed of at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. (You can determine your Internet speed by running a test with SpeedTest.
- Built-in or external webcam and microphone
- Perform the Examity System Check now!
Note: If you are in need of access to supported technology in order to take your exam, please review the current procedure to schedule Examity exams for students needing technology & internet support.
Paying for Examity®
SUNY Broome will pay the standard proctoring costs associated with your proctored exams. You will be responsible, however, for any fees that result from either of the following scenarios:
- If you reschedule or cancel an exam appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
- If you do not take your exam during the appointment time you scheduled (no-show)
Accessing Examity® through Blackboard and setting up your Examity Profile
Scheduling Your Exam and Getting help using Examity®
Be sure to thoroughly read the Examity Student Quick Guide. This document will walk you through the steps you need to take in order to do the following:
- Access the Examity® Dashboard through Blackboard
- Create your profile
- Check your computer system
- Schedule an exam with a proctor
- Connect to the proctor and take your exam
Students Using Test Accommodations
Students requesting testing accommodations must be registered with the Accessibility Resources Office and have a valid Accessibility Plan that has been submitted to their faculty member. When requesting academic accommodations for Examity proctored tests, it is important for students to follow the guidelines outlined below:
- SUNY Broome students with academic accommodations are responsible for making their faculty members aware of their accessibility plans at the beginning of each semester.
- Students must verify with their faculty members that their requested testing accommodation(s) have been communicated with Examity for each testing appointment.
- Once in the proctored testing session, students must verify that the proctor is aware of the requested testing accommodation(s):
- If the proctor is unaware or unclear of what the testing accommodations indicate, the student should not begin the test. We request that students Indicate to the proctor that they are unable to begin the test without their accommodation(s).
- Students are requested to Immediately alert their faculty member and ARO staff that the Examity proctor did not have or were unable to provide their accommodation(s).
- If Examity is unable to provide a student with their requested accommodation(s), students should fill out this form to initiate a timely review of the incident; reviews must be requested within 30 days of the date of the testing appointment. Find form here:
Technical Support is available through Examity® 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by telephone, email, or live chat through the Examity® dashboard.
Please Note: If you encounter technical issues while taking your exam, you should use the Examity LIVE CHAT feature within the Examity® dashboard.
Contact information for less time-sensitive issues:
Phone: +1 (855)-Examity (+1 (855) 392-6489)