NOTE: Need help planning your event? Want to make sure all the bases are covered?
Attend a Events Planning Committee Meeting! Contact email@example.com for meeting times and to get on the agenda.
This page is intended to guide you through the event planning process and provide you with helpful resources. Please follow the steps outlined below.
* Students – members of campus Clubs or Student Organizations looking for event assistance should refer to the Student Event Planning Guide.
Step 1 – Scheduling your event
- First, check the Campus Events Calendar and the Campus Impact Calendar (the projects calendar requires your sunybroome gmail login).
- To confirm a date please contact the office responsible for that space (listed below).
NOTE: Discussing your event with each of the offices below will help you in determining whether other events or activities occurring around campus might have an impact on the date or location you are considering.
- Email Samantha Potter at the Registrar’s Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversees booking of all general classrooms, and other academic areas across campus.
- The Registrar’s Office administers our Room Booking System. They will help you check the availability of spaces around campus.
- Maintenance +1 (607) 778-5007
- Maintenance will help you make sure there will be no parking lots being repaved, electrical work being done, or other activities that could impact your event.
- Public Safety +1 (607) 778-5083
- Public Safety will help you determine if automobile or foot traffic from other events could impact the date you are considering.
- You may need special permission from Public Safety in the event that any parking, occupancy, or excessive traffic concerns arise.
- Events often have special insurance requirements which will be determined by Public Safety and Broome County Risk and Insurance.
- Athletics Office – +1 (607) 778-5003
- Approves booking of Gyms, Dance and Fitness rooms, and Athletic fields.
- Be sure to check with Athletics if your event may impact sporting events. This is especially important when an event happens in or near the Student Center or near our playing fields.
- Student Activities – +1 (607) 778-5033
- Approves most of the colleges outdoor venues, such as the Library and Student Center Quads
- Ice Center Office – +1 (607) 778-5568
- Call the Ice Center Director, Chris Novitsky, to make sure your event does not conflict with an Ice Center event… or if you are interested in holding your event in the Ice Center.
Is your event a Co-Sponsored or 3rd party event (rental)?
Does your event involve an external company or organization? ( If so, these events require very specific approvals)
- CO-SPONSORSHIPS: If your department is hosting an event with an external organization, you will need to fill out a Co-Sponsored Event Form (pdf).
- INSURANCE: If your event involves an off campus company or group you will also need to provide an insurance certificate (Contact +1 (607) 778-5012).
- RENTALS: if no college department is officially co-sponsoring or hosting this event it must be handled as a rental. Please Contact Continuing Ed for rental details at +1 (607) 778-5012.
Step 2 – Setting up your event and arranging for specific needs
To arrange for the setup of spaces, tables, chairs, power, signage, staging, or room layout needs, please contact our Maintenance Department via the Maintenance/Custodial Request form.
- Buildings and Parking:
To arrange for access to buildings, and discuss parking permissions and needs, please contact our Public Safety Office at +1 (607) 778-5083
- Technical Support:
Please use the Technical Request form (CSR – on campus only) or call +1 (607) 778-5657
- Audio & Presentation Media Support:
Need microphones, a PA system, or a data projector? Please fill out the Audio & Presentation Media Support Request form.
Note: MarCom does not provide Video Taping and Photography services for events
Please contact –
American Dining Creations
P: +1 (607) 778-5140
C: +1 (607) 757-6416
- Promotion: Need promotion for your event? Please fill out the “share your news” form.
- Event Consulting and Advice – The special events office is available to consult on the “look and feel” of your event. We can also help you arrange for signage and institutional brand materials (Post up stands, table throws, directional signage). Have a question regarding any of the steps above? Need a checklist to help keep your event on track? Contact us at email@example.com.