All Starfish training options will be available upon request and delivered remotely. Contact email@example.com to schedule your requested session.
Starfish Basics: Get your feet wet with this 1-hour informational session focusing on basic features of Starfish, including setting up your profile, Early Alert and Connect.
Starfish Mini-Sessions (30 minutes): Dive into the features YOU want to use this semester! Maximize your time by choosing training focused on a specific Starfish feature.
- Tracking Attendance Using Starfish – Keeping track of class attendance is a quick and streamlined in Starfish. Students can also view their attendance history in Starfish. See how this feature can help you minimize the paperwork of attendance
- Intake Form – Get to know more about your students by reviewing their responses to the “Tell Us More About Yourself” form. Use this data to help plan course activities or connect students to support resources.
- Completing Your Progress Survey (Using flags & kudos) in Starfish – Give your students the valuable & productive feedback to help them succeed! Learn how to complete your progress survey and use flags & kudos in Starfish to facilitate productive dialog with students.
- Zoom In – If you’re using Blackboard for course management, you won’t want to miss this quick tutorial on integrating the information in Starfish. Set up your course to send flags or kudos based on scores or due dates
- Faculty Appt Scheduling in Starfish – Do you hate the ping-pong game of emails trying to schedule appointments with students? Let them schedule directly with your calendar on days and times you set. Starfish makes scheduling a breeze.
- Appt Scheduling in Starfish for Administrative/Advising Staff – Starfish Connect will make scheduling appointments for students a breeze! Learn how to add appointments, record outcomes and share information to keep students on a path to success.