Everyone has a role in student success!
Helping our students be successful is a team effort. Starfish works with all members of our institution to address their specific needs. Easily share your concerns with the right people at the right time to make an instant impact on student success. Motivate students through positive feedback using Kudos.
It is an easy to use tool that gives faculty, students, and staff the opportunity to connect on another level. Overall, the vision of Starfish is to help students succeed and graduate.
Welcome to Starfish!
You can access SUNY Broome’s Starfish system via the MyCollege LaunchPad. The navigation menu includes access to a customizable profile and Starfish will automatically display all students that you have been assigned or are enrolled in your courses.
Feel free to use our supplemental syllabus statement and remind your students of the importance of checking their SUNY Broome email or forwarding it to their personal account. For additional resources, visit our website: www.sunybroome.edu/starfish. Click on the Faculty tab. There you will find:
- Syllabus Statement
- Training Schedule
- Getting Started Guide
- Progress Survey Schedule
- Tracking Items Guide and more…
How do I get started?
- Set up your profile (see below for instructions).
- Attend a training (or email email@example.com to set up a personal appointment).
- Watch “5 Minutes to Learn about Faculty Features in Starfish” on YouTube.
Setup Your Profile
Some of your profile, such as your contact information, is imported from our SIS, Banner.
- Click on your name in the Top Navigation bar and select the Institutional Profile tab.
- Help students put a face to your name by using the Upload Photo link beneath your existing photo or placeholder to upload a photo. Browse to a photo file (.jpg, .png, or .gif), and then click the Upload Now button to update your photo.
- Edit your Phone and add an Alternate Email address to have Starfish send email to an address other than your institution email. Select the Both radio button to receive email at both accounts.
- Double check that the Time zone selected matches your time zone. This time zone will be used when including appointment times in emails from Starfish.
- Add information to the General Overview and My Biography sections to let students know a bit more about you.
- This information will appear to students who can make appointments with you in Starfish.
- Click the Submit button to save your changes.