SUNY Broome New Student Orientation
Mission: The orientation program aims to provide new SUNY Broome students with the tools, resources, and connections to help them achieve higher student success outcomes throughout their studies at the college.
Who should attend: All new and transfer students who are signed up for classes for the spring 2020 semester.
You need to sign up for classes PRIOR to attending orientation. Students must meet with an Academic Advisor to sign up for classes. Your advisor will depend upon your major, or what specific subject area you have chosen to specialize in. Check here to find the phone number for your Advising & Registration department.
Spring 2020 Orientation Dates
Please see below for the spring 2020 orientation schedule. You only need to attend one program. To select your date, and receive additional information including event location, please click the hyperlink in the date you wish to attend and complete the orientation registration form.
- January 21st, 1 pm- 4:30 pm
- January 22nd, 4 pm- 6:30 pm
- Can’t make it to campus to participate? The January 22nd orientation is available via webinar for distance learners. To sign up as an online participant, please click here. You can participate live or watch the recording at your convenience.
- January 24th, 9 am- 12:30 pm
- If you are living on campus this spring, you are encouraged to attend the January 24th program. Students who have paid their housing deposit can move-in on January 23rd if they participate in the January 24th orientation. If you have any questions about living on-campus, please contact Housing at 607-778-5307.
If you have any questions, please contact Maureen Breck at +1 (607) 778-5648 or email Orientation@sunybroome.edu. We look forward to meeting you at orientation and helping to welcome you to the Hornet’s Nest!