EIT Accessibility Policy (pdf)
EIT Advisory Council Fall 2021 Updates (pdf)
EIT Accessibility Officer
Under direction from the Vice President of Academic Affairs, an EIT Accessibility Officer(s) was appointed, as of December 31, 2019. This person(s) is responsible for issuing, updating, and enforcing any requirements, standards, or guidelines supported by SUNY Policy.
The EIT Accessibility Officer is responsible for:
- development, oversight, continuous monitoring, and assessment of the EIT Accessibility Plan.
- assisting with and ensuring relevant policies and procedures that support the College’s obligation and mission to support an inclusive learning and working environment are established and maintained.
- assigning roles and responsibilities for achieving policy compliance.
- facilitating a communication and awareness and training program plan to promote and support a campus-wide EIT accessibility program.
The SUNY Broome EIT Accessibility Officer is Dr. Kimberly McLain, Dean of Institutional Effectiveness.
EIT Advisory Council
To assist in the collaborative development of an EIT Accessibility Plan, consistent with local shared and faculty governance processes, the EIT Accessibility Officer established an EIT Advisory Council, made up of representative members from key stakeholder areas on campus to develop the EIT Accessibility Plan. This Advisory Council is overseen by the EIT Accessibility Officer and meets regularly throughout the year.
EIT Advisory Council members include:
- Ciara Cable, Web Developer
- Amanda Hollister, Ph.D. , Librarian
- Lisa Hughes, Sr. Accessibility Specialist/Coordinator of Accessibility Resources Office
- Conal Larkin, Director of Information Technology Services
- Stephanie Malmberg, Ph.D. , Assistant Dean for Distance Learning & Professional Development
- Kim McLain, Ph.D. , Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Chair EIT Advisory Council
- Noah Roth, Assistant Librarian
- Carine Surdey, Senior Instructional Designer/Adjunct Instructor
- Hans Van Houten, Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
- Nicholas Wagner, Ph.D., Director of Student Activities