Welcome back to campus, Hornets!
This website will serve as the hub for updates on campus operations, student/employee resources, important dates, and procedures. Please check this site regularly for the most up-to-date information. Important information about coming to campus can be found below.
We will continue to update our online and on-campus support information as well.
We are committed to delivering a great SUNY Broome experience in a safe and flexible environment. The college continues to closely monitor COVID-19 conditions, and we’re gathering input from the CDC and other official sources daily. If you have questions specific to the College’s COVID-19 procedures, please email EOC@sunybroome.edu.
All employees, students, and visitors on campus must:
- wear a face mask in indoor settings if unvaccinated.
- practice social distancing where practicable.
- stay home if feeling ill.
Required Student Vaccination Information
The SUNY Student COVID-19 Vaccine Policy remains in effect for the Fall ‘22 semester. SUNY requires all students with an on-campus presence to be fully vaccinated and to have had a vaccine booster if eligible before the start of the Fall ’22 semester. Pursuant to the Policy, students are considered fully vaccinated for the initial course of vaccination: (1) two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two dose COVID-19 vaccine series or (2) two weeks after receiving a single dose COVID-19 vaccine. In addition to the initial course of vaccination, any student with a regular on-campus presence (i.e., not fully remote for the semester) who is eligible for a booster shot must receive one for the Fall ’22 semester. Please see below for information regarding this mandate:
- Submit proof of vaccination on the SUNY Vaccination Verification site. Anyone vaccinated outside of New York State will need to upload a copy of their vaccination card. All students are required to complete this process.
Vaccine Appointment Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Information
Per SUNY, if you are eligible to receive a booster, you must before the start of the Fall’ 22 semester. Please visit the CDC website for more information on booster eligibility.
- Wearing a mask on campus, including inside buildings and classrooms will be optional for fully vaccinated individuals*.
*Per current guidance, a fully vaccinated individual is defined as a person that has received their booster shot or has completed their initial vaccination series and is not yet due to receive the booster.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals must continue to wear a mask in all indoor settings and, where practicable, continue to observe social distancing.
- Nothing in this guidance prohibits fully vaccinated individuals from continuing the use of masks as they wish.
- Masks are not required in personal areas such as an office when social distancing is possible.
- Vaccinated individuals are not required to participate in campus pool testing until further notice. All vaccinated individuals who wish to participate are welcome to do so.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to participate in weekly pool testing throughout the Spring 2022 semester.
The following are exempt from mandatory testing:
- Employees and students who are fully remote.
- Employees and students not utilizing any in-person campus services/activities.
- Employees and students who provide documentation of a positive COVID-19 diagnostic result within the last 90 days. This documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students and Employees
All students and employees are encouraged to complete a daily self-health screening for infectious illnesses, including COVID-19. Anyone with signs or symptoms of infectious illness should stay home when sick and/or seek medical care.
Competitive Health Science Programs: Students and employees in Competitive Health Science Programs will be receiving additional guidance and instructions for screening.
Any visitor that feels ill will not be allowed on campus and are required to stay off campus. Anyone feeling ill is strongly encouraged to check their symptoms against the Center for Disease Control (CDC) self-checker found on the CDC website and follow the instructions provided.
All unvaccinated visitors are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing in all locations on SUNY Broome campus.
Stay in contact
This is the College’s official form of communication with students. Be sure you regularly check your SUNY Broome-issued Gmail account for critical updates, announcements, and academic communications.
Accessing your student email
This is being updated regularly to provide the campus with the most up-to-date information and guidance.
Signs will be posted around campus to provide guidance on masks and social distancing, hygiene recommendations, and communicate important messages. Please be sure to follow all sign directives.