Healthcare Fundamentals* Microcredential
Prepares students to enter the workforce with basic healthcare skills including medical terminology, first aid, CPR, infectious disease transmission prevention, and understanding of medical office functions such as Electronic Health Records. Enables performance of administrative functions and meets the medical office CPR training requirement. Take alone or complete with the Clinical Patient Care microcredential to sit for the National Center for Competency Testing certification exams.
* Microcredentials marked with an asterisk are eligible for part-time TAP financial aid.
Credit or Non-Credit
Number of Credits
Approximate cost with fees: $2,496 (NYS resident)/$4,092 (out-of-state)
Who is Eligible
Online and In-Person
Time to complete
Skills You’ll Acquire
- Identify medical terminology in order to effectively perform functions within the ambulatory care setting
- Perform CPR and first aid procedures following American Heart Association guidelines
- Perform medical office administrative procedures, including appointment scheduling and management, insurance coding and billing, and professional correspondence
- Utilize the EHR while protecting patient confidentiality
Ready to find out more?
Get started by filling out the inquiry form below. A member from our Continuing Education team will promptly get in touch with you with instructions on how to register and help answer any questions you may have.