What Can Starfish Do For You?
SUNY Broome cares about your success! That’s why we’re using the Starfish Student Success Network to empower you to be successful. We understand that pursuit isn’t easy! It takes time, money, energy, effort, and perseverance. Luckily, there are a lot of people pulling for you. When things get tough, it’s important that you know how to connect with the helpful resources and people that have been put in place just for you.
Get help today!
The Starfish platform can help us support you when you need it and make it easy for you to find the right people and services. The platform also makes it easy for those people to engage with you when they recognize that you need extra help.
Celebrate your successes!
The best part is that when you have done something worth celebrating – including turning around a difficult situation – your instructors can use the Starfish platform to send you a Kudo. You’ll be surprised how much a little positive news can brighten your day.
Made just for you!
You have already started down a path to success. It may not be a smooth or easy road, but you can do it! The Starfish platform is a powerful tool for SUNY Broome to help you finish what you start. Some other benefits that you will experience with the Starfish platform are:
- Learn immediately when there’s a concern about your academic performance – or something else that is interfering with your studies.
- Easily discover which support services are available to you, where they are, and how best to reach out to them by using the Services Catalog on your Starfish dashboard.
- Receive notifications and reminders the way you prefer, on the device you prefer.
- Learn the next steps to take to proceed in your academic path or to resolve a concern. Check in on your own progress as often as you need to.
- Get inspired by encouraging messages from the people who recognize your hard work.
How Can I Dive In?
Access Starfish through your QuickLaunch menu in MyCollege.
Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Set up your profile
- Complete the “Tell Us More About Yourself” survey
View Student Resources