Students are transferring to SUNY Broome at record levels. Whether you are adding a new competitive skill, completing what you started, or seeking a more compatible college experience, this is the right place.
Are you interested in transferring credits from another college?
- Transfer credit evaluation begins after the student is accepted into their program of study.
- You can review your Academic Program page to compare courses to those you have previously taken.
- Credits earned from SUNY schools and other accredited institutions are highly recommended for transfer credit evaluation. Please visit the SUNY Transfer Mobility Dashboard for specific courses.
- To begin the process, please complete the application for admissions and submit your official college transcript. We will review your college coursework after you have been admitted into your program of study. We will notify you once your transfer credit evaluation has been completed.
FAQ for New Transfer Students
Who Are Our Transfer Students?
- New Students, who already earned their bachelors and masters degrees, are coming to SUNY Broome to “add on” associate’s degrees. This can help you specialize and develop unique supporting skills. Become more competitive in your current field, or break into a new one!
- Local students, who went away to a four year school. Sometimes these colleges didn’t live up to expectations, costs were high, or it just wasn’t the right fit. More and more students are “coming home” to SUNY Broome. Students who start here (or return to get a better foundation) tend to compete exceptionally well at the 4 year level. Other colleges WANT OUR STUDENTS!
- Our former students who transferred. Some of them may have most (maybe all) of the credits needed to automatically earn their associates degree. This is called Reverse transfer.
Let us help you get connected or re-connected with SUNY Broome. Contact us today!
Who will help me get started or “re-started” at SUNY Broome?
How do I transfer my credits? What do I need to do?
Contact your college(s) to submit your transcripts to the Registrar’s office at SUNY Broome, PO Box 1017 Binghamton NY 13902 or email@example.com
I already have a Bachelor’s Degree. Why would I want to add an Associate’s?
An associate’s degree can:
- help you to focus your skills in a unique way or add a new area of expertise to an existing career path.
- allow you freshen your skills and provide new perspective to apply to your existing job.
Where can I go from SUNY Broome?
Does Broome offer a transfer-student orientation?
SUNY Broome’s New-Student Orientation is designed for both first-time college students and transfer students. This program will introduce you to services specific to SUNY Broome that are vital for you success as a college student. To find out when they’ll be held or sign up, visit the on-campus orientation website.