Office Applications Expert* Microcredential
This microcredential offers highly sought-after skills for Administrative Assistants or Office Administrators. Taking Excel and Access to the expert level elevates the job search for those who are seeking to enter or re-enter the workforce in any office capacity. The Office Applications Expert microcredential goes beyond the basics of the office suite by applying intermediate and expert level skills toward solving problems in business, educational, healthcare, government, and legal settings.
* Microcredentials marked with an asterisk are eligible for part-time TAP financial aid.
Credit or Non-Credit
Number of Credits
Approximate cost with fees: $2,268 (NYS residents)/$3,636 (out-of-state)
Who is Eligible
Time to complete
Business and Professional Studies
- The first step is to apply for this microcredential from SUNY Broome Community College.
- Earn a grade of C or Higher in BIT 200 Spreadsheets with Business Applications
- Completion of an Excel project with a grade of 75 or higher that incorporates a business model, what if analysis, graphs, pivot table, pivot chart. (Will be completed as part of BIT 200)
- Completion of an Excel project with a grade of 75 or higher that incorporates financial tools and functions. (Will be completed as part of BIT 200)
- Grade of C or higher in BIT 260 Introduction to Database Management
- Complete an Access project with a grade of 75 or higher that creates and maintains database tables, and create and use queries, forms, and reports. (Will be completed as part of BIT 260)
- Complete an Access project with a grade of 75 or higher that creates advanced queries in both design view and SQL view. (Will be completed as part of BIT 260)
- Complete a project that integrates data from Excel and Access (Will be completed as part of BIT 260)
Questions about microcredentials at SUNY Broome? Learn more.
Ready to find out more?
Get started by filling out the inquiry form below. A member from our Continuing Education team will promptly get in touch with you with instructions on how to register and help answer any questions you may have.