Social Media* Microcredential
This credential is designed to give students the skills they need to create, manage, track and analyze social media campaigns. It consists of two courses in the Business Information Technology area: BIT 142: Social Media for Professional Use; BIT 143: Social Media Campaigns: Targeting and Analytics.
* Microcredentials marked with an asterisk are eligible for part-time TAP financial aid.
Credit or Non-Credit
Number of Credits
Approximate cost with fees: $2,268 (NYS residents)/$3,636 (out-of-state)
Who is Eligible
Time to complete
Business and Professional Studies
Skills You’ll Acquire
- Social Media Campaigns
- Social Media Content Creation
- Social Media Targeting
- Social Media Tools
- C or higher in BIT 142: Social Media for Professional Use
- Earn a 75 or higher on a presentation on their proposed social media strategy or construct a complete social media presence for a business
- C or Higher in BIT 143: Social Media Campaigns: Targeting and Analytics.
- Earn a 75 or higher on the creation of a social media campaign including selection of tools for creation, administration, and analysis and the development of effective content (will be completed in BIT 143)
Questions about microcredentials at SUNY Broome? Learn more.
Ready to find out more?
Get started by filling out the inquiry form below. A member from our Continuing Education team will promptly get in touch with you with instructions on how to register and help answer any questions you may have.