SUNY Broome is proud to have a Teaching Resource Center that provides a wide variety of programs for faculty and staff in a warm, supportive atmosphere. These offerings extend from home-grown workshops by SUNY Broome faculty and staff to discussions of cutting-edge, international topics relevant to higher education.
- Click through the titles below to see a full list and description of our offerings.
- Check to find the dates & times on the Calendar and Registration link below.
- Register by clicking on the “Register for an Offering” button below.
Questions? Call 607-778-5611 or email@example.com
Faculty & Staff Development
Promotion & Appointment Basics
- Review the basics and essentials of the Promotion & Appointment process at SUNY Broome. Newly hired, full-time employees working under the FA contract at SUNY Broome enter an Appointment process, the goal of which is to earn Continuing Appointment. In addition, these faculty members may apply for promotion or Professional Development Recognition Increment as stipulated by the Contract.
OER Series (Open Educational Resources)
These workshops are related but not sequential. Come to any one or two or come to all three.
- What are OER? What makes them open?
- This session will cover the basics of Open Education Resources (OER) and why they are important. We will also cover open licenses (Creative Commons as the distinguishing characteristic of OER.
- Investigating OER
- This session will take a hands-on approach to investigating and evaluating several OER collections. We will look to see what is available in different disciplinary areas and consider how we might use it.
- Open Pedagogy
- This session will look beyond open resources to what the freedoms provided by open licenses can mean for teaching and learning. We will consider what open resources allow us to do in the classroom with our students and what they allow our students to do.
Professional Development On Demand
Contact us if:
- You don’t see what you’re looking for, or to recommend or request a topic.
- You are willing to offer a professional development opportunity to your campus colleagues.
- You would like to attend any of the above-listed programs, but the time listed doesn’t fit your schedule.
- You have a group of 6 or more who are interested in offerings at other times