As a women-centered entity the following principles guide the Women’s Institute work and the way its work is conducted.
- Participatory decision-making and mutual respect
- Recognition and celebration of diversity among women
- Engagement with the campus and the larger community to inform our practices and work
- Evaluation of our work to continuously improve and develop
- Readiness to embrace challenge as an impetus for growth
- Commitment to relevant and proactive education and programs
The Women’s Institute of SUNY Broome Community College exists to advance women’s issues through education, research, and local, state, national and international outreach in areas of modern day concerns important to women.
The Women’s Institute of SUNY Broome Community College seeks to serve, and be recognized, as a center for excellence and commitment to women and women’s issues.
The Women’s Institute of SUNY Broome Community College values the enrichment, education and empowerment of women and other individuals and/or entities that support women.