Clinical Patient Care* Microcredential
Teaches medical assistant clinical patient care functions for ambulatory care settings, including measuring vitals/height/weight, taking patient histories, preparing for and assisting in exams/tests/procedures, completing patient education and screenings, phlebotomy, specimen collection, and performing laboratory testing on blood and urine samples. Take alone or complete with Healthcare Fundamentals microcredential to sit for the National Center for Competency Testing certification exams.
* Microcredentials marked with an asterisk are eligible for part-time TAP financial aid.
Credit or Non-Credit
Number of Credits
Approximate cost with fees: $2,952 (NYS resident)/$5,004 (out-of-state)
Who is Eligible
Online and In-Person
Time to complete
Skills You’ll Acquire
- Perform vital signs and anthropometric measurements
- Prepare for and assist during patient examinations, diagnostic testing, and medical procedures
- Complete patient medical histories, healthcare screenings, and educate patients
- Demonstrate safe medication preparation, administration, and documentation
- Perform phlebotomy and capillary procedures
- Obtain specimens and perform CLIA-waived tests and urinalysis
Ready to find out more?
Get started by filling out the inquiry form below. A member from our Continuing Education team will promptly get in touch with you with instructions on how to register and help answer any questions you may have.