What Is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based tool that allows students and advisors to review and monitor student progress toward degree completion. Degree Works organizes academic coursework into blocks of requirements to easily identify which degree requirements are complete and which degree requirements are remaining.
Per SUNY’s Student Information and Campus Administrative Systems (SICAS) mandate, the new upgrade will take place on June 7, 2021. To ensure familiarity with the new outlook audit report, students, faculty and staff should familiarize themselves with the provided replica documents for educational purpose.
What Is New?
The User Interface (UI) for Degree Works has been significantly altered for better performance and multi-device accessibility:
- Audit accessibility on mobile devices
- Real-time advice and counsel
- Improved metrics on how courses are being used to fulfill requirements
- Analytical and decision support tools for institutional planning
- Aggregate information for planning future term course offerings
- Clear and concise transfer articulation
- What If – Shows students how progress towards degree completion changes if they change majors
- Look Ahead – Shows how degree progress is affected by future planned courses
- Registration Checklist – Shows only the un-met requirements
- Class History – Displays a term-by-term summary of all courses taken, with grades, credits, GPA etc.
- GPA Calculators – Shows students how to determine what grades are needed to obtain a desired GPA
Reasons Students Should View their Degree Works Audit
- To be prepared for an advising appointment
- To verify after registration that all courses apply towards degree requirements
- To view grades after the semester ends
- To verify transfer credits have been processed
- To view the new program audit after changing programs
- To determine when all degree requirements have been met so an “Intent to Graduate Form” can be submitted