SUNY Broome is happy to announce its partnership with STAR-NY, a consortium of SUNY colleges and universities that have joined together to share resources and expertise to better meet student needs for online tutoring. Through this consortium, online tutors and tutees are able to engage in tutoring sessions regardless of their respective locations by collaborating via the Internet.
If you need After Hours assistance with your online courses (Sunday through Thursday – 7:00 pm to Midnight), try STAR-NY! Tutoring support is available across the disciplines such as:
- Writing: Any course through Masters level (except foreign language)
- Math: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, and Intro. to Statistics
- Chemistry: Introductory level, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Biology: Introductory level and Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics: Introductory level
- Psychology: Introductory level
- Economics: Introductory level, Macro and Micro
- Computer Science: Introductory level
- Accounting: Any course below the 400 level
Learn More about STAR-NY by subscribing to its YouTube Channel!
It contains an overview of the STAR-NY consortium and resources for students!
It’s easy to get started by following the steps below:
- Make sure you are using an updated version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (Internet Explorer is NOT supported)
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on your subject to work with a tutor
- View the Tutoring Schedule and Request at Tutor.
(use your SUNY Broome Username and Password)
For more information, please contact SUNY Broome Tutoring Services at +1 (607) 778-5162